Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sensual Product Review: Massagewicks Candles

I have another wonderful product to review for you, dear reader. A product that can be used as a prelude/foreplay to hot sex, as a way to continue the intimacy after a hot session of sex, or just a way to express your love for that special someone. A massage candle from Massagewicks.

These candles are made using using a specially formulated blend of soy wax, apricot oil, cocoa and shea butters, all wrapped around a natural cotton wick. They are offered in a variety of lucious scents, or can be fragrance free if you prefer.

Simply light the wick, and allow the candle to burn for about 20 minutes until you have a nice pool of oil. Blow out the candle, and dip it out with your fingers, or as I prefer, have your partner drizzle it onto the desired area of your body for massage. Soy candles burn only at a slightly higher temperature than body temperature, and thus will never burn but instead provide a sensual warm sensation when applied to the skin. The burn time for the candle should be approximately 30 hours, but will vary based on how you use it. The number of massages will vary as well depending on use as well as how much oil you use for each session.

Jay has a eucalyptus scented candle I plan to use for my next weekend of worshipping Master. I think my Master will find great pleasure in the soft light of the candle filling the bathroom as I bath him, followed by a massage with his favorite scent.

Jay and I had the opportunity to use one of these wonderful candles Friday evening and it was a throughly satisfying experience. We chose option B mentioned above (a way to continue the intimacy after a hot session of sex!) allowing the candle to burn and fill the room with it's scent as we enjoyed each other's bodies. The scent I chose was patchouli amber which has a musky, sexy sort of scent I love. I can't wait to try out some of my other favorite scents like coconut lime and warm sugar vanilla...mmmmm.

Jay blew the candle out when we were ready to use it and drizzled the oil all along my back. The sensation was divine as the warm oil hit my skin just before he began to massage my back and buttocks as he rubbed it in. The scent lingered on my skin and the sheets all night which was an added bonus.

There are three things that I love about these candles that are different from what I have found with other massage candles we have used in the past...

The thing I love the most is that the candle retains a soft, lotiony sort of texture long after it has cooled. This means I can scoop some up anytime I wish and massage it into my hands or anywhere I desire to moisturize and enjoy the scent I have chosen.

The second thing I love about these candles is that they soak directly into my skin and don't leave me with an oily or waxy feeling after use that I feel the need to rinse off my skin afterwards.

The third thing I love about these candles is the price. Most of the candles we have used in the past have been $20 or more. These awesome candles are only $10 a pop.

I have already begun to suggest more scents to Jay that I expect to find in my Christmas stocking!!

2 comments:

jeminfla said...

Your review of the soy candles has prompted me to order an assortment. I can't wait for them to arrive and surprise my Mistress!

Mimi said...

So glad I could help you out, Jem. They are a wonderful product. I know your Mistress will enjoy them!