Saturday, July 4, 2009

And the Crowd Goes Wild!

I DID IT!!

Having chicken'd out of entering The Peachtree Road Race this year, I decided to run my own little personal Peachtree right here in the comfort of my own neighborhood this morning. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, The Peachtree is a time honored tradition here in Atlanta, run each 4th of July, and has grown to be the nation's largest 10K with over 50,000 participants each year. A Peachtree Road Race T-shirt is worn with great pride and reverance in this town. Next year, I'll stop at nothing to get myself one!!

However, this year I had to be content with challenging myself to complete 6 miles for the very first time. I've been flirting with it at 5 miles for quite some time, but haven't mustered up the gumption to push for that final mile until this morning. I am pleased to announce that I completed exactly 6 miles in 50.59 minutes!!! I returned home triumphantly singing my own praises and loudly humming the theme to Rocky!

A Happy 4th of July to everyone!! Jay will be entertaining the neighborhood as usual with his vast aresenal of fireworks. We didn't realize what a tradition it had become until we had neighbors asking us several weeks before the 4th if he would be doing fireworks again this year...LOL. I'll be standing by with fire extinguisher in hand!

1 comment:

bigd44 said...

Congradulations Mimi! Keep running so next year we can see that t-shirt stretched across your sexy body!